Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:44 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sgt.Peppers for Sale

Alan,

From the link you provided below, I see that Sgt. Pepper's held the Guinness World Record for a year or so after 1988.  Pierre Poulin's sub took the record in 2005, so there must have been at least one sub in between the two.  I'd love to know the story since from the numbers it looks like Sgt. Pepper's is smaller.  I wonder if one is calculated on unballasted weight and the other on total displacement.

Regards,
Jim T

In a message dated 1/23/2011 6:19:14 P.M. Central Standard Time, alanjames@xtra.co.nz writes:
That's very sad Carsten.
There are two figures listed, 485kg & 400kg. I assume that's the weight with & without a person
but can't read German. If that is the case it would be smaller than Pierres "worlds smallest sub" wich
is 620kg.
There is a good history of sgt Peppers with a photo of Carsten 23 years ago on the link below.
(worth clicking the button just for that)
http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com/CARSTEN%20SGT.htm

Alan