Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 salvage concept

Hi Lawie,

nice drawings!

This looks like a K-250 rather than a K-350 (going by the dome).
Two things which would be very useful for understanding the
design changes would be a general layout sketch (i.e. ballast
tanks, operator positions, drop weights, batteries, etc..) and
a description/write-up of the changes and features.

But here are my comments just based on what I see in the
concept drawings.

 - Drop weights?  The K-350 had two 250lb drop weights,
   I don't see any on the drawings.

 - How much soft ballast?  Assuming the pontoons are soft
   ballast tanks, how much lift do they provide?

 - I assume the VBT inside the hull, like a K-250?

 - Can the side thrusters be rotated to provide vertical thrust?

 - Maybe moving the battery pods (assuming they are battery pods)
   closer together would provide better surface handling/stability.

 - Where do the air tanks go?

 - I am not sure the "winglettes" are doing much other than
   disrupting the thrust from the side thrusters.

Cheers!
 Ian.