Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure testing with a vacuum pump

Alan, if you could position an altimeter (or some other type of vacuum gauge) where it's visible through a view port, then run the pump until you reach 100,000 feet of altitude on the altimeter, close the valve, and leave it overnight, seems like that would tell you if you have any [low pressure] leaks when you check the altimeter in the morning.  It's not going to tell you anything significant about the strength of the hull.

I'd like to hear all about it when you get to that point.

Jim T