From: Emile van Essen <emile@airesearch.nl>
To: personal_submersibles <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Tue, Jan 11, 2011 10:33 am
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Conical bowdome seat

Hi,

For the new bigger bowdome of eurosub we use a conical seat
In my opinion is it a good idea to have a flat rubber gasket between the acrylic and the metal .This for sealing and avoid stresses in case of an imperfect surface .

In the “handbook of acrylics” this is never mentioned. Why is this not done; too high surface pressure, sliding??

Hope you can help.

Regards, Emile