[PSUBS-MAILIST] Project Guide/ Project Manual

Hey Guys,

A wealth of great advice and information is shared regularly via this mail list.  Today has been a prime example.  It's hard to estimate how many screw-ups, dead ends, and second-best solutions I've avoided because of the contributions of others.

I've developed a "project guide and manual" format or outline which is attached as a Word document.  I plan to use one copy (the Project Guide) to catagorize and organize information including publications, websites, e-mails, and my own personal notes as source material for each of the topics which must be addressed during the design and build of a sub.  I have only established the higher level outline at this point, however most of the listed topics will also have an A, B, C, etc.  This will include general information and theory applicable to all small manned submersibles.

A second copy (the Project Manual) will be specific only to my project, however the outline is the same.  Obviously I'll still have to develop an Operating Manual for the sub.

If you have any suggestions on how it could be improved, please share them.  If you already have something of a similar nature that is as good or better, please post that for all as well.

Thanks much,
Jim