From: Phil Nuytten <phil@philnuytten.com>
To: personal_submersibles <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Fri, Dec 10, 2010 2:23 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Design depth

All:
We class with lloyds,Germanischer Lloyd and ABS. The only difference in design depth/hull test,etc., that I'm aware of, Is the test depth versus rated depth (or 'working depth') Lloyds Surveyors, for example' is that physical test depth must be  1.4. rated depth - G.L.is 1.5 and so on. Design collapse in all these agencies is 2 times rated or working depth - or,100 percent safety factor. For clarity, the Deepworkers are 2000 foot rated or working depth, 2800 foot test depth and design collapse (as shown by calculation and FEA's) meets or exceeds 4000 feet.
Seems pretty easy to me!
Phil

Sent from my iPhone