[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fwd: Test depth

I just noticed that the prior discussion was on the Member Forum, so many may have missed it.  See the thread below:
-Jim

From: JimToddPsub@aol.com
To: member-forum@psubs.org
Sent: 10/1/2010 2:13:23 P.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Test depth

U.S. Navy has generally set test depth at 2/3 of design depth.  The European navies more commonly set test depth at approximately 1/2 of design depth.  The Russians ain't saying.

Design depth is calculated at slightly less than crush depth.  Both are usually calculated depths, not necessarily tested depths.

I have no idea how this relates to civilian subs or to ABS or Lloyds standards.

JT