Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fishtail propulsion

Good morning, Ian,

The Hobie uses reciprocating pedals.  The one I saw in Popular Science uses rotary bicycle pedals and a prop.  It would be interesting to see which produces more thrust.  I think reciprocating pedals are preferable to rotary especially from a seated position no matter which method of final drive is employed .

Jim