Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Handbook of Acrylics

Jesus, guys - she's already paid for a copy of the book! Look up your US copyright law (which I know rather well, since my business is reprints). To bring suit or to get a criminal complaint entertained, you have to prove harm - in this case loss of sales. If somebody were to send Helge, who has already paid for a copy of the book, a PDF as an advance copy, that does not diminish sales, therefore there is no harm.

The mere fact of scanning a book is not a copyright violation; that is already settled by reams of case law. Google Books is right now busy scanning tons (literally) of copyrighted material.

If you're going to fulminate, at least get the facts first.

Marc de Piolenc

Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Ducted fans: http://massflow.archivale.com/
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog