RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Me

John! J certainly no one is saying your stupid here… My questions were so I could get a grasp of where you are at etc… Im sure most of the  psubbers have been called all sorts of names when they tell people they are building a sub J  Not everyone is old here…. Im 30 years old..

On the subject of electric motors for propulsion… There are lots of electric vehicle motors around now days… Brushless.. ranging in size from 5KW thought to hundreds and thousands of kilowatt’s…  I actually added a few Electric vehicle products to my website just the other night! Along with Torque/Power/Voltage Curves and other technical data..

Kostov Dual R20 Motor

NetGain TransWarp 11 w/Slip yoke & housing

FB1-4001 DC Motor

And the motors can be joined together in series to double the power output! J

That last motor has these specs…

At 72 Volts

Continuous rating: 12.8 kw (17.0 hp)
Peak output: 31.5 kw (42.0 hp)

At 96 Volts

Continuous rating: 15.0 kw (20.0 hp)
Peak output: 52.5 kw (70.0 hp)

At 120 Volts

Continuous rating: 19.0 kw (25.2 hp)
Peak output: 63.8 kw (85.0 hp)

At 144 Volts

Continuous rating: 21.5 kw (28.5 hp)
Peak output: 75.0 kw (100.0 hp)

Also if you go back through the mailing list archive on the website, there was discussion about oil compensation of motors just a month or two ago! J Fill the motor with an oil of some type and then there is no pressure difference between inside and outside (as long as you get ALL the air out  of the motor) fluid’s don’t compress..

The X Style tail sounds nice… but its going to require additional control mechanism’s…  keep it simple! J