Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Software

I strongly recommend MathCAD for preliminary design tasks, and later for the whole job when you get more proficient in building models. The reason is that it automatically incorporates (and converts) units. This allows you to instantly check dimensions on your results, which catches many errors which would normally be ignored because the numerical component seems plausible.

Marc de Piolenc

Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog
Translation services: http://www.proz.com/profile/639380