[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lead Almost Success

Hi All,

After a couple of failed attempts, I managed to pour the first of my dropweights last weekend.  It took a while to setup, but in the end poured very well and i was really pleased with the results....until i weighed them.

They have come out a bit to light at 133lb.

Its not the end of the world as the steel channel inserts are well embedded into the lead which was what i wanted, so i was going to add the extra lead needed to the top.

The question is if i pour the remaining 17lb of lead onto the top of the existing one, will it take to it? or should i put in some stainless screws with the heads sticking out for it to hold onto?

I didnt take into account the loss of material for the channel inserts, hence the lighter weights.

Pictures to follow.

Kind Regards
James