[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electric Propulsion

Hello Again thanks everyone for the shaft seal info, I appreciate it. I am down to only a few more things I need to know, the electric motor. For me I will want to travel at a speed of 10 knots under water
but  I would like for there to be a possibility for me to go faster, say, 25 to 30 knots. I know it depends on the dimensions of the sub, it will most likely weigh 50 tons since it is 60 ft and 10 ft inside diameter. this is not a cylinder shaped sub though
if you want a picture I will give it to you just tell me. I thought about a 70 kw motor but I don?t know if it will give me the speeds I want. And if you can, I want to know what the best battery would be to power the sub with lots of electronics and appliances (TV's, microwave, water pumps etc.)
I await your assistance.

John