I didn't realize that there was a standard shape or weight to drop weights.  I had just presumed that each was designed from scratch for each sub.  Can you enlighten me?

Thanks,
Jim T

In a message dated 9/14/2010 7:19:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time, Jumachine@comcast.net writes:
Yes James, 125 lbs each.

One thing you probably already realize, if your casting a steel stiffener or steel mounting points into your weight, you have to fix them in your mold so they won't float to the top of your lead pore.

Dan H
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:30 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Lead Casting

Hi All,

does anyone have any top tips for lead casting?  Im ready to cast my drop weights.  Obviously there is a lot of information on the internet about lead casting, but they mostly refer to making small items such as bullets or fishing weights. Here is a good one i found.

Anyway, ive been collecting lead for a while and have a big pile of mostly roof lead, but also fishing weights, diving weights, lead pipes etc.

Also, due to the different pod opening closing method i have made, the standard drop weights are not going to fit, so im going to have to modify the shape of them.  I'm just going to make sure they are the same volume as the standard ones, just a different shape.  I believe they need to be 125lb?  Is that correct?

Any thoughts?
Kind regards
James