Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Change of subject to LED lights

Vance,

I didn't see any specifications on water depth but I'm guessing that they would require a pressure housing of some kind since they are likely water proofed for low pressure surface boat applications (4 feet of draft maybe??).

I haven't done my LED homework in a while but the 6 element unit only puts out 711 lumens which I think is somewhat low considering LED technology these days and a higher output home-built unit might be able to be developed for less money.  But having been through this before, there's something to say about development time and labor designing your own.  So I agree with you that this is probably worth a test.

Jon