Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Distress buoy

The advantage is that the arrangement is cheaper and less complex if the reel carries the line. But looking at Phil's arrangement suggests that it doesn't have to be. The wire strop through your reel axle seems pretty simple and cheap, too. Moreover, it's already proven.

The real-reel issue for me is where to put something like this on Gamma or a Kittredge. Almost anything I do puts the reel and buoys in the pilot's way. Frank can bury one in his fairings, but the Nektons don't have any of those. I'll have to cobble something together for a mock-up to see how best to do it.

Vance