From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Brian V.
Ryder
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:25 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sunken treasure

Hello Brian
I can give you some advice, being treasure hunting field for better than 15
years, there are several things to consider first location is it 3 miles or
more off shore if it is it would be a federal claim not a state claim then
federal arrest and salvage laws apply you file a federal arrest in court and
you become the keeper or guardian of the wreck but it does not stop there
you never give out the name cause once you say its Spanish they will file
claim against you we have spent over 3 million in court fees and lawyer for
a wreck in Florida over the last 7 years and have not taken one artifact off
it, then you have to have a archeologist and a conservation lab and the list
goes on, now if its state controlled water then you revert to state law
which is often worse to deal with, now there are no laws about survey and
documentation as long as you don't remove any artifacts, unesco would rather
see it rot at the bottom of the ocean than benefit a country unless you are
the top 6 in unesco I have photos of them stealing artifacts from our
permitted site in Haiti pictures of each one holding coins gold chains and
leaving the country with them but that's OK there important VIPs that's how
it goes in the USA the best bet is to keep it quite not tell anyone and have
fun, as of December 31 Nova Scotia has shut down there treasure trove no
more permits will be issued unless by the grace of god they change their
mind between now and then, there are thousands of wrecks that are not listed
as historical that have treasure on the we are working on one now that has
72 tons of platinum on it 3 to 5 billion dollars, if you have specific
question feel free to ask if I don't have the answer I will direct you to
the people that do
Regards
Brian V. Ryder
President
Sub Atlantic Research & Recovery Associates Inc.
brian@subatlantic.com

and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail