Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Web forum

I much prefer a web forum to the email list.  Threaded formats are easy to follow and are archived online rather than in my mail box.  There is also much less of a time dependence of replies, as topics don't get buried in inboxes.  Please realize that these comments are coming from someone who is not willing to take on the responsibilty of maintaining a forum of moderate traffic.

David Hoffman

From: Alan James <alanjames@xtra.co.nz>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, August 11, 2010 5:01:35 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Web forum

Hi psubbers,
Does anyone look at the web forum?
I haven't looked at it in months but It was the first place I went to
when I discovered the psub site. I posted a question & didn't get an answer
for some time & then someone kindly advised me that I was wasting my time
there & should go on the email forum.
As the web forum seems to be the first port of call for anyone making contact, perhaps
we could set up a roster within members or interested parties to monitor the
web forum every day or two.
If we each did this for a week at a time & there were 25 on the roster, that
would be only twice a year that you were on. Any questions that were out of our
scope could be submitted to the group on the email blog.
What do you think?
Regards Alan