From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of David Bartsch
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 10:18 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] heat exchanger

Kyle,

  Have you been following the chatter on the submarine air cooling system? I can remember one video where you mentioned wanting to get below the thermal cline because it was very hot...
  This small ice cooler system is capable of being placed anywhere on a boat and the radiator that emits cool air could be separated from this cooler of ice and placed anywhere itself such as blowing on your face from somewhere low so as not to interfere with your sight.
  This much desired air conditioning unit for use aboard small submarines is a side project that I have decided to undertake as there is I feel a great need for such a device. Research will be slow but steady and I should be finished with this project before years end.
  If this works, I will post a how-to with pictures so that you and anyone else interested could easily make one of their own...these are just too large to be mailing short the initial unit to be tested by Vance and Frank in sweltering Florida. It's more cost effective to provide instructions and each person obtain the needed construction materials on their own. The oil cooler can be snatched from an Auto Zone new for about $30.00. The ice cooler can be any size down to I'd say down to a foot square.
  I'm sure this air cooler will provide a much needed relief for use in slightly warmer climates. (like yours)

                                                                                                                                                                                                         David Bartsch