Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] thrusters

Hi Vance. Yes, I've heard a little about adding the ceramic seals to Minnkotas.
I wonder if a "kit" is available or would each guy wanting to do this need to re-invent the wheel.
Remember I told you about the new Minnkota thrusters that are made for pushing a pontoon boat ?
As I remember it, there was a full package with two motor units, trim tabs with actuators, rocker switches, and position indicator. I can't remember the total cost but it was a couple grand for the package. It stated that the assembly would drive a 24 foot pontoon boat at 5 knots.
I contacted "trolligmotorparts.com" where I bought my 4 thrusters and the cost for one actuator was the same as buying a complete motor unit. $259.00 each.
That's why I went with the Firgelli actuators. Turned out to be "penny wise but pound foolish"
You say the Minnkotas are weak in the bearings........hmmmmm. I'll need to look into this more, for sure.
Got a new fridge delivered today ( yipee !!!! ) gotta fill it with beer now. Been living out of a cooler for the past week. Man, that sucks !
Shelly's still looking for a new car. Hope that happens soon. I got pulled over by the cops. They are very suspicious about those California plates. Got my new driver license but now I've got to switch my insurance to a Florida based agent before I can register my bike. Man they sure try to make it hard. So, I'm walking a lot and shopping at the 7-11. ( OUCH ! )
Details, details........Ain't this some kinda adventure ?
Frank D.