RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] linear actuator- thruster range

Thanks Alan.  Too slow for me. Regds, Hugh

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alan James
Sent: Tuesday, 27 July 2010 8:37 a.m.
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] linear actuator- thruster range

Hi Hugh,

I got a response from "Lenco" last night.

Alan,

The time is 2 seconds per inch of stroke for all actuators and Hatchlifts.

Of course because the Lenco are so powerful you can set them up

with a different leverage or gearing to speed up the motion of whatever

you are driving. Possibly a better way of comparing the different actuators

is to look at the amps they draw & work out the wattage. If one actuator

is twice the wattage of another it should be able to be set up to work twice

as fast providing you select the right stroke length

Alan