Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] linear actuator- thruster range

Hi Hugh. The Firgelli's I bought are the "high speed" ones running 1.7 inch per second but only a 70 pound push and 6 inch stroke.
The "slower" model is .4 inch per second at 150 pounds push.
With a 2-1/2 or 4-1/2 inch stroke on the Lenco's and a 750 pound push.....the linkage can be reduced to speed up the rudder/dive plane motion and still have plenty of "push" power.
I will use the Firgelli's inside the sub for seat adjustment and my sliding weight sled. Gotta save up and get three of those Lenco's.
Frank D.