Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Casting acrylic

Curacao would be good. The facilities are excellent, they have a new sub and the bar is handy. That's hard to beat.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Nuytten <phil@philnuytten.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, Jul 14, 2010 12:45 am
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Casting acrylic

Hello, all:
Nice to see Bruce Beasley getting some recognition in the sub biz - he's an old friend and a real pioneer in monolithic acrylic casting (he made the hulls for our 1000 meter sub 'Deep Rover' nearly 25 years ago).Everbody currently involved in that sort of thick wall casting owes him one! Coincidentally, he's an avid fan of Northwest Coast native art and I apprenticed in that art form for a number of years - so we got on like old buds right off the bat! Kind of ironic, a technical marvel of the time was taking shape in front of us and Bruce and I were busy talking totemic art, form lines, masks, etc. - an art form several thousand years old!
The 5 person, 1000 foot 'Curasub' hits the water in Curacao, tomorrow. Jeff Heaton and Mike Reay are there to mother it - and teach it toswim! More on this when the U/W pix come in!
Good luck at the convention! ( maybe we'll have to host one in Curacao!)
Regards
Phil