Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Acrylic conning tower

Hi Ben,
I've been through all that stuff, looking for cheap domes.
I've had one blown locally in NewZealand, but from what I learn't
along the way, it's best to go with someone that knows what they're doing.
Maybe you could talk Greg Cotteral into doing one?
Emile does a 580mm blown dome he says is good for 450ft operation.
http://www.airesearch.nl/index_bestanden/Page617.htm
Another one is Hydroport in Germany, they do a 600mm dome in two
thicknesses. It's the cheapest cast dome that I could find 1/3rd the price
of a British equivalent.
http://www.hydrosight.com/
Below are some extracts from their emails. If you want their drawings I can
send them off site.
Alan

 Dear  Alan,

I contakt you in request of hydrosight corp. We are a submarine and acrylic domes manufacturer. Our domes you can see on the Model: Nemo 100.
we can offer you this size (Diar.inside 600mm )  for a spezial price. For details please see in the pdf.
bare dome: 2100 ?
complete with flange O-ring and  locking ring : 4350 ?.

Dear Alan,

our standard Dome is designed for a depht of 100 meters. But we are also able to built this Dome for 20 bar design pressure.
If you need a formal certifiction (GermanischerLloyd - GL) the price increase by 600 ? for one Dome.
.