From: Phil Nuytten <phil@philnuytten.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Tue, Jun 1, 2010 9:59 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fiberglass hulls

All:
Ditto toVance's comments on mandrel-wound GRP hulls; we have an experimental cylindrical hull section four inches thick by forty-eight inches OD. Cost? About 4.5 X the cost of metal!
Sitting in Reagan airport in Wash. D. C. On way home from a BP spill brain storming session at EPA headquarters. Old home week for submersible operators - Tolya Sagalevitch (MIR) Shirley Pomponi (JSL) the WHOI team
(Alvin) PH Nargeolet(Nautile) and on and on. Session coordinated by Jim Cameron and team. Pretty interesting discussions!
Phil

Sent from my iPhone