Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] submarine kit-builder's society

No Greg, you did not prevent a guy "killing himself", you prevented him from learning and experimenting and finding his way. He would have noticed that the "design was not so great" at the unmanned safety test dive.

He would also have found out that this is a expensive way of learning - a small model in a pressure chamber would have brought up the same result for 5 USD.

Just educate people properly that things have to be tested with prudent safety factors (that should match or exceed industry and military standards ) - that is all what is needed.

Nobody is called and endoresed to play the "nanny role" for other people. Revising their plans and learning processes. Categorizing their designs A,B,C,D,E ... implementing "my version and opinion to submarine safety and design has to be the only version".

Educating people is the key not nannying them.

Wil