Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Window Cleaner

Hi Jim. I haven't gotten ready for the windows yet but a couple of thoughts.....
Could you cover the entire surface, both sides, with masking tape. Carefully cut off the area where the Sikaflex will be in contact around the perimeter. Put in the windows and "finger off" the stuff that sploogies out while it's still fresh. After it sets up remove the masking tape. The area next to the Sikaflex gasket will be super thin because you wiped most of it off. It will just peel off along with the tape.
You can get sticky material from the plastics store. I would try a sample of anything on a small scrap piece of plexi first. It doesn't have to be the exact plexi you're using. just any good quality piece of scrap. This too can be had from the plastics store.
Would it be possible to "inject" the sikaflex into the gap ? I was worried about getting the space equal all around and eliminating air bubbles.
 If I could put some little spacers in there to maintain the disk in the center, clamp it in place, and then seal off the gap leaving small "injection points" around the edge. Now make small injection nozzles from scrap sheet metal, like little funnels. Connect these to tubes and a manifold with the Sikaflex being pumped into the manifold, through the tubes and injection nozzles, and into the gap. This would drive out the air as the space is filled.
Keep pumping until all the bubbles are pushed out and a big "bead" is showing on the outside. After it sets up just "knife" the bead off and install the retainer ring with a pre-cut EPDM gasket.
 It sounds complicated but maybe not that much. I've made the little nozzles before and although not pretty, they worked well in eliminating bubbles when injecting sealers like silicone etc. The spacing of the injection nozzles is critical. Enough so the Sikaflex or whatever sealer flows in there evenly and leaves no bubbles behind.
Frank D.