Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Uploading large schematics (was K1000 blueprint)

In a message dated 4/20/2010 7:23:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, piolenc@archivale.com writes:
All in all, better to go to a service bureau (preferably NOT Kinko's,
who tend to be slipshod and unprofessional) and use their dedicated
rotary blueprint scanner.
When I was still working I often needed copies of blueprints. The local blueprint shop would receive them on disk from the various contractors or architects and print what ever I needed. The problem was a typical full construction set of 30 or so pages was around $600. Sure glad I didn't have to pay for them. Staples ( and Kinkos ) have made smaller pages for me but the cost for color prints that size is still pretty high. A typical picture that I have had made was 16 X 30 and they run about $14 each, up to $35 if it was a photo on glossy card stock. As I recall, the blueprint shop would make a copy of a single page of a blueprint for about $15.
I would use these copies for change order proposals or sometimes as a tool to explain to the engineers or architects why a certain thing wouldn't work or couldn't be built, etc. You know the old saying...."looks good on paper, but you can't get there from here "
I'd like to have some of the cool line drawings of the WW II subs in blueprint size to hang on the shop wall.
Maybe even have a few so my grandsons could use them for crayon coloring.
Frank D.