RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] U-701

Yes that’s true it’s called reverse electrolysis, and can take up to 2 years soaking in a fresh water solution with 12 VDC running thru the water, it works for all metals including silver some coins we have did not even look like coins until they were conserved, now on the second note  U-Boat are cover by the war grave act if caught with an artifact from a u boat you could face heavy fines and penalties we have to steer clear of them for that reason, so they should be very careful conserving suc

Brian

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:06 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] U-701

Steel that's been submerged in salt water for a long time goes to hell quickly when exposed to air unless it's been through a preservation process. It can take up to two years soaking in tanks and I think there's an electrical current and chemicals involved. Think of all the old Spanish galleon cannons and how crusty they get. Look at some of the cannons and anchors sitting out front of scuba shops and restaurants in the Florida Keys that were hauled up years ago. There's not much left of those old relics now because they didn't get the preservation done to them.

Frank D.