[PSUBS-MAILIST] Kittredge: Remembered

  I remember when I was on vacation back in...1995 I believe.  I met the good Captain at his railway in South Thomaston.  He was lowering his sub tender, with K-250/350 on board, into the cold Maine waters.  He had no problems with a young, bright eyed boy, looking and probably drooling over his creation.  It was back then that I first became interested in submarines and began to design my own boats.
  When I enlisted and got stationed in Maine I found his email and wrote him a letter recounting that visit.  I received a letter back thanking me for the kind words.  He even included his catalog of submarine designs!
  I'm sure that all of us will remember him fondly and honor him for his service, his insight and his kindness.

  Capt. George Kittredge, USN(Ret), you will be missed by all you have touched, trained and inspired and I wish you peace.

  Shipmate, We have the watch.

AT1(AW/SW) Benjamin Todd Fritz, USN