RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stainless Welding Question

Stainless acts a little different than regular carbon steel. It is harder. To weld it you need to use 309. If you are using wire be sure to run tri-gas or sunarc gas with that. That is a helium, argon, CO2 mix. If you use just regular 70K mild wire, it won't bond correctly and will crack with pressure. I am actually currently working on some of the stainless parts on my sub also.
Hope this helps,
Scott Waters