Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] submarine developments

Hi Emile. Yes, that sounds familiar. Hydrogen peroxide is used as a  component in the fuel mix for space shuttle launches so you KNOW it's explosive.
The Stirling engine has much potential if you have the resources to make it happen.
 Diesel seems to be the logical choice for a submarine due to it's stable characteristics and wide availability. I am planning on using a small gasoline outboard at some point but the motor and fuel will be outside the sub.
 I have a rough plan as an up-grade for later to add a bolt-on section to my sub. The design includes a large flanged connection to another pressure hull, with a hatch between the two sections. The new section would hold large battery banks, generator, fuel tanks, and an engine room. Bunks, galley, and head maybe too. The whole is covered by FRP fairings and resembles in shape and size the Malen sub.
 I think I heard that the Malen sub may be at this year's European Psub convention. Sure would like to come see you guys some day.
Speaking of conventions, I have a little beach house in Florida and you guys are welcome to stay there if you ever come for a visit. I'll be trying like hell to get my sub ready for this year's convention.
Congrats on your new sub. I love the pictures you sent us.
Frank D.