Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Lubrication

If they're already welded in and painted, I suggest you take the sub out and have some fun. However you probably have an item here for your first rebuild -- I think you'll find it worthwhile at that time to replace all through-hull seats and shafts with 316 SS. With each rebuild I do more of that myself, and will soon be at the point where pretty much everything but the hull plate and stiffeners is SS or plastic. To give you am idea, this winter the little pipe nipples for blowing air into MBTs or letting water into the depth gauge are going stainless. I just really dislike rust.

Alec