Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Electric Actuators on "Git Kraken"

I bought some electric actuators and are mounting them on the sub to move the dive planes.
The actuators have 40 pounds of push, hold 100 pounds static, move at .7 inches per second, are 12 volt with a six inch stroke.
The actuators will be operated with "momentary" rocker switches on the portable control box panel.
The rubber bellows is for a power steering unit on a 1996 Ford Escort. ( got them at the auto parts store.)
The actuators will be oil filled using a bladder system.
Sealed in a hard fiberglass housing.
The actuators were $129 each, the bellows were $17 each.
Here's two pics of the set-up.
Frank D.