[PSUBS-MAILIST] submarine races

One side note: PC14 won the races, hands down, and did so with a golf cart motor at 36 volts against 10 hp. It was lighter overall, of course, and had a full wraparound fairing so the ring stiffeners didn't cause turbulence. I think we got 4 knots out of it.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: vbra676539@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, Jan 27, 2010 6:02 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PC-1401 Location Request

I only know of them. It's hard to believe that I actually helped build that thing. We overhauled PC-8 and PC-9 and put the 1401 together side by side. And then we had daylight submarine races!!! The Coast Guard was not thrilled with the traffic jam that three submarines and about ten surface boats caused on a Sunday morning in the Palm Beach turning basin. My wife dove in the 14 with Ty Merritt, who was the project manager. I gave her my seat and then never got another shot at it. Oh, well. Hurry up and build yours. I'll get in there yet.
Vance