Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]

In a message dated 1/6/2010 8:12:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, kocpnt@tds.net writes:
fiberglass has very poor bonding properties with steel
Hi Jim. A good point. The battery pod MUST be accessible for cleaning and re-painting. If fiberglass was to be used, it shouldn't be bonded to the pod. I was talking about trays made from FRP.
The air inside the pod will contain acid fumes, hydrogen gas, moisture, salt, and whatever else is around. Even in minute quantities the metal will be attacked. It's a perfect space for accelerated corrosion.
I saw a paint product at the hardware store that looked promising. It's two part solvent based epoxy floor coating for garage floors. Comes in silver/gray and off-white.
It's $108 for the 2 gallons. What do you think ? Because it's available locally I thought it could be a good choice. Even if it doesn't last forever, it's easy to sand a small spot for repair on scratches and dings, and can be bought at a moments notice. ( me and that off-the-shelf thing again. )
Frank D.