Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New and needing early advice

Emile just link some more KSS Eurosub pictures from the Adria Expedition:

http://picasaweb.google.nl/submachine55/garibaldiexpedition2009#

And a friend of us is working on development of a 1000 mm diameter dome as front doem for further version.

Hi Paul - welding is just 5 % of the job.

Peppers was build that way that I did only the non pressure welds.
Euronaut was build that way and Eurosub also. Ever Nemo and many others goes that way.

The pressure welds was made by profi's. But the pressure welds are just 30-50 percent of all welds.
Good welds are a kind of art. Needs a good welding machine, the right assembling gaps, good stick or wire and a good and trained worker.

But you can learn (over an weekend) easy Mig/Mag short assembling welds to do all the steel work of the sub which is most of the work - than call a prof over a day or two to make meters or feets of weld.

vbr Carsten