Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] RFC - Standard Thru-Hull Electrical Connector

I was looking for stuff and found some new products by Minn Kota.
As you know, I'm using the Minn Kota 101's for thrusters with the factory speed controllers.
They have some new thrusters called "E Drive" thrusters that are rated at 2 HP each in a dual system.
Don't know how much thrust that equals but the site said it would push a standard pontoon boat at 5 knots.
The system includes some electric linear actuators for raising/lowering the dual thrusters and a "rocker switch" assembly that has an LED bar that indicates the position of the thrusters.
The actuators are rated as "waterproof" to the "IP68" rating for "protection against solid debris and water intrusion".
I'm trying to get more info on these and whether the individual parts can be had separately.
I've sent a request to "trollingmotorparts.com" but so far the part number I have isn't listed.
I'll call them tomorrow ( monday) and see what I can find.
The actuators come in two sizes, a 2.4 inch throw and a 4.5 inch throw.
I'm interested in the rocker switch with LED position indicator mostly but will report back on what I find out.
The "Firgelli" actuators I had planned on using are cheap at $129 each but these Minn Kota ones sound real good. With the ability to sense where the actuator is positioned, it makes the whole thing a lot simpler. You all know I like the idea of off-the-shelf stuff so replacement parts can be had.
With so many of us using Minn Kota parts, maybe they would be willing to communicate with us and maybe even get some help from their engineers.
Here's a couple of pics of the actuator and key pad. The key pad shown is actually the "Lenco" brand but the Minn Kota is almost the same.
Frank D.