Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] RFC - Standard Thru-Hull Electrical Connector

In a message dated 12/25/2009 3:31:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, lanceind@earthlink.net writes:
> Let's move forward and get this connector standardized.
>
> Jon
I agree. A standard connector, regardless of what it's limits are, is a good place to START.
If everyone has at least one of these, future devices can be designed around the standard part, making oranges-oranges/apples-apples possible.
It's a pretty simple part and a guy can make his own if he wants to. It's just a standard size/thread part so future stuff could be tried by everyone, and the results duplicated. Most guys could even modify an existing hole to match this thing, by screwing in an adapter bushing. Once approved, we just need a picture of it and the sizes, part numbers, etc.
Frank D.