[PSUBS-MAILIST] emergency lift bags

I am wrestling with enlarging my MBT's for more reserve.
What I am thinking, is for sure I need more, but do I really.
As is I have enough freeboard for normal dive operations.
But am uncomfortable as far as a flooded outer tank etc.
or an entangled situation.

I am thinking that a 6600lb lift bag for emergency use is about
as good as it gets. If mounted as we discussed earlier and inflated
from within manually would do a nice job. That much capability I
could actually surface even under a full flood situation. The idea of
opening the hatch at 20 ft sure seems a lot niceer than at 350 ft.

Any thoughts on this

Dean