RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ExtendAir scrubber cartridge

Dean,

IF they will sell them to you, the cost is going to be the real controlling factor.  These units are used in military and tourist subs.  You can purchase a lot of wool underwear for the difference in cost plus the special requirements for shipping.

R/Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Recon1st@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:54 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ExtendAir scrubber cartridge

Jay the heat is one of the things I was interested in. My 39 degree water temps do that.

Is the flammability a big concern?

Dean

In a message dated 11/24/2009 3:26:54 P.M. Central Standard Time, bottomgun@mindspring.com writes:

The lithium hydroxide cartridges are of a larger diameter as compared to the much more common Extend-air slaked calcium hydroxide units.  The LiOH cartridges are MUCH more expensive with a proportionally extended duration time.  As a by-product, they produce a lot of heat.  In addition to the downside of the cost, exposure to water makes them flammable/explosive.  The other cartridges can be acquired through many SCUBA shops.

R/Jay