Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ABS Changes

Sean, Alan,

You are quite welcome. I needed to look something up in the document but noticed that the link I had put on the website was no longer working. When I followed up by going directly to their site, I noticed that the link they had pointed to a new file name, so I just relinked to it on PSUBS.

About a year and a half ago, I couldn't find some other information that I was looking for in the ABS docs and had to mail them to see if they could locate it for me (which they did). At that time I mentioned that it would be nice if the submersible standards were broken out into their own separate area rather than being intertwined within one or more other documents. They replied that they were in fact working on separating out the submersible standards so I was pleased to see it finally in place with this new version.

I think the distinction of calling out a separate section (Chapter 11.49) specific to "passenger submersibles" could be interpreted as significant. However, I also note that their definition of a passenger carrying submersible is rather nebulous and open to much interpretation.

Jon