RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] guide to hydrophone construction

Jon,

   The second significant discovery was that by removing the hard mounting bolts and using stretched "o" rings to hold one of these units together, virtually all side sound detections are also removed.
   Only those sound waves that strike the front surface on which these piezo's are firmly mounted will be able to detect sound and the farther straight out from this plane, the better it is heard.
   Only testing will determine exactly how directional this set up will be. I will produce such a hydrophone and supply it to you for  the in-water testing and evaluations in June.

                                                                                              David Bartsch