Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster Design

In a message dated 10/31/2009 8:00:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, vbra676539@aol.com writes:
rebuilding the back end of the M-K 101s.
Vance/Cliff
Although it would take a damn good machinist and a little dough to build the first one, Coming up with a mag-connect dry back end for a Minnkota would likely become very popular, and the cost would come down considerably with any volume. A simple bolt on piece would be pretty handy.
My son-in-law would do the work if we could get some parts like the mag drive to start with. He's been dying to make something for my sub and has his own machine shop. I've seen his work and it's really amazing what that guy can make. He's got contracts with big hi-tech outfits in the San Fran Bay and knows his shit. Maybe I should re-visit the mag coupling thing.
Frank D.