Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Email threading

Frank,

When you click "reply" an "In-Reply-To" header is inserted in the email header
so that other email programs know which email you are replying to, so it can be
sorted or threaded if that feature is used. Some older email programs may not
put in the In-Reply-To header.

If you use "send" (new) or "compose new" and then type in the subject yourself
and then copy and paste part of the original message that you are replying to to
make it look like a reply, everything is fine except the "In-Reply-To" header
will be missing because you didn't use the reply button. This might be what you
are doing. If so, I think it's better to just press reply and then highlight any
text you want to remove and press delete. It should be easier to use "reply"
instead of "compose new" anyway. You can change any part of the email in a reply
just like you can when you compose a new one.

MUA is "Mail User Agent". I had to look it up, but I knew what he meant.

Alex

--
Mailed with XFmail on 30-Oct-2009.
God saved Noah, but Noah had to build an ark!