From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:21 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention Planning

Water depth for our convention is probably better if it's fairly shallow. Because the water's warm and the sun will be blazing......we'll be able to swim with the subs so everyone can get some good pictures. If we are able to secure a barge, we'll need a canopy or some shade on board to protect us.

Can you check and see if it's possible to rent a pontoon boat for the day ? A small motor boat would be a good idea if it's available. We'll need transport on/off the barge just in case we need a quick transport to shore.

As the time gets near, we'll need to set up some minimum equipment requirements for the subs. Things like.....radio, marker floats, bumpers, signals that we all can memorize, some type of submerged comms, divers, extra tanks, .......JEEZ, the list can get quite long.

We may want to think about collecting some additional dues to pay for this thing.

Maybe we could rent a couple of motorized dinghys for use as runabouts for the day.

How about a Psubs banner mounted on the barge railing ? Could make a good backdrop for pictures.

Maybe a small "patch" to commemorate the event. ( I survived the psubs convention, 2010 ) or lapel pin.

We could sew a patch on our favorite baseball cap.

Just thinking out loud.

Frank D.