Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub/shark video

We'll have to look into this. Pepper Tree State Park has a chunk of Spanish galleon in it (18' of water). The boiler wreck is also in shallow water, and all the way up in Vero, to boot.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay K. Jeffries <bottomgun@mindspring.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, Oct 21, 2009 5:46 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub/shark video

A ways up the beach from the inlet at Ft. Pierce are two sites that are more suitable for skin or scuba diving as they are a short ways outside of the surf zone and usually murky.  There is a boiler reputed to be from a Civil War blockade runner that sticks out of the water at low tide.  Additionally there is an interpreted Spanish treasure wreck.  The wreck was worked over by treasure salvors and the large silver wedges and cannon that were found on the site were replaced with concrete facsimiles if my memory holds.

There are two wrecks just outside of the harbor breakwater but reported clearance over the wrecks is the same as bottom depth so wouldn’t expect to find much of anything.

I will enclose several chart excerpts under separate cover directly to you and will have them posted on the web sometime in the near future.
R/Jay

Resepectfully,
Jay K. Jeffries
Andros Is., Bahamas