Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Nuytco sub observations

Hi Jon. Phil said the segmented heads were more uniform in thickness than just the pressed heads.
My tank heads were ordered 3/8 "nominal" so they started with steel a little thicker and "spun" the heads so the thinnest part is 3/8 but part is almost 1/2 inch thick.
The cost difference is minimal, just a little thicker blank to start with.
If a full half sphere is being made, the thinning is more pronounced so would probably start with 5/8 plate.
The UW comms was great for sure, but I bet the system is pricey. For our purposes during a convention, maybe just a long antenna would work as we probably won't go very deep.
David's comms may be working by then too, so I'll watch for updates from him. I hope he can make next year's convention too.
I'm still thinking about the conversation we had about a rotating hull........maybe more on that later.
Frank D.