RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] testing continues

Dean or anyone for that matter,

  I have three small gear reducers available if you need one...1" output shaft with standard motor shaft connection (1750 rpm). 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 reductions. Contact me if interested and I will further investigate specifics. I picked these up in great shape off e-bay some time ago for I think $20.00 each. (what a steal!) These mount on a flat surface and I will send attachments if requested.

                                                                                  David Bartsch

From: Recon1st@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:48:12 -0400
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] testing continues
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Well I got to the water again. What a ride this has been. Everything going smooth
nice and as expected, then oops.

This outing I had planned on neutral buoyancy, and balance.   Then some shallow dives
under power with positive buoyancy. Test the under water com systems, basic handling              and just all around fun day.

First my poor old surface boat has another problem. I may have broke a wrist pin
in the starboard engine. Looks like she is going to have to come out of the water.

Well that just means no open water testing darn. Put RECON 1 in the water and put her
on the bottom. To light in the bow. Neutral is good can put up with it. Motor over to the
my slip and do the com testing. Can't get it to work. Seems like the support boat set is
working but can not hear anything on the sub. Sorry David have to go thru the wiring again.

Well so we are going out of the harbor to play in a little deeper water. On the way out of the
harbor lose all power to main propulsion everything else is fine. Ooops my poor little fish
boat had to tow me back to the lift and retire for the day.

Such is the life of a submadman.

I did however confirm my overall speed is what I was trying to get, and that my control
surfaces are working well. Very good slow speed and quick reaction times. My bow seems
to work on the surface and can handle some wave action with out too much lift under higher
speed. She runs straight and true with hands of controls. Was surprised that my horizontal
thruster had basically no affect under speed, but was pleased to see it will turn on it's axes .

Was planning on a bunch of video but as the day was cut short, do not have much. I will try
to put some together and post it. Just have to figure out how to run this camera. O yeah and
I did launch my cute little float, and it works fine.

One of the main things I have learned so far is the second sub will be a lot easier than the first.

Dean