From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of glen brown
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:25 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive planes

R/Jay

If I look at at any rudder and I see that rudder to be out of proportion  In other words to large it tells me only one thing that it is inefficient the very reason for it large surface area is to try and gain some sort of pressure difference which makes absolutely no sense whereas a thruster that rotates is efficient thus the harrier jet I also don't see any reason why one could not use wings or fins in an application where pos lift is needed to trim the sub

but lift for any other reason does not make sense to me I want to dive I have gravity if I want to surface I have buoyancy what a bargain this was not an invention just an observation  imagine if the Wright brothers had it that easy we would have never heard of them just joking I need some sleep since I started building my sub I have become a weight lifter welder fitter and turner and despite all these new talents when people ask me what I am up to and I tell them 80% still react in a uncontrollable laugh

at the end of October I have to start flying again can you believe I am actually dreading it to all of you thinking about starting your own build its fun its also humbled me  as my reject pile can attest to .

All the best

GlenSA